This is a quick, easy and nutritious recipe that can be made in 5 minutes. The addition of garlic and sesame oil boost the flavor with little effort, and the sesame seeds add protein, fiber and crunch. Even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy these greens.
Learn how to cook a quick plate of flavorful greens.
Level Ups (optional)
Spoon 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar over the spinach. Add in 1 tsp grated ginger root along with the garlic.
Large sauté pan
Silicone spatula or wooden spoon
Microplane grater or chef’s knife and cutting board
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or grated
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp crushed chili flakes, optional
- Heat the olive and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Make sure that the heat isn’t too high, or the oil will become acrid.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, salt and chili flakes (optional) and cook for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat. Continue to stir until spinach is slightly wilted. Transfer the spinach to a serving dish.