Vegetable nay-sayers will most likely fall in love with roasted vegetables. Tossed with a little olive oil and salt, the high heat from the oven caramelizes the vegetables’ natural sugars, creating a delicious side dish.
Learn how to properly roast vegetables.
Level Ups (optional)
Top the roasted vegetables with pesto or tahini sauce. Sprinkle on a little “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning.
11” x 17” rimmed baking sheet
Foil, parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet to line baking sheet
- 6 cups of dry vegetables, such as: Brussels sprouts (cut in half lengthwise), broccoli florets, carrots (sliced into ½ inch pieces) or purple cabbage (cut into chunks)
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt plus more if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- On a lined baking sheet, toss the vegetables with olive oil and salt.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast the vegetables for 25-35 minutes, or until parts of the vegetables are browned. Open the oven door for 10 seconds after 10-15 minutes of cooking in order to let out any excess steam. Doing this will make the vegetables crispier.