Usually, we roast vegetables at a higher heat to caramelize and brown their natural sugars, but for this recipe, we roast them at 350°F in order to get them soft but not brown. From there, the possibilities are endless—fold them into a chili; add them to your plate for another serving of vegetables; toss a handful into a salad or use as the base for a cinnamon sweet potato smoothie.
Rimmed 11” x 17” baking sheet lined with a silicone baking sheet, aluminum foil or parchment
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced ½ inch thick
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a lined rimmed baking sheet, toss the cubed sweet potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Put the sweet potatoes into the oven and bake for 24-28 minutes. At the halfway cooking point, open the oven and shake the pan of sweet potatoes to ensure that none are sticking.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Quickly take a spatula and move the sweet potatoes around once so that they don’t stick during the cooling process.