Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 150 Cal
- Fat: 9.6g (1.8g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Sodium: 540mg
- 1 egg
- Two 5-6 ounce cans of salmon, drained if necessary
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger root
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions (2-3 each)
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp 5-spice powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To garnish: small lettuce cups, pickled ginger, sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg until uniform in color.
- Add in the salmon and the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil and garnish suggestions. Gently combine.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8-10 sliders and freeze for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, in a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the salmon cakes.
- Brown the cakes on one side (about 3-4 minutes). Turn the cakes over and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Serve in lettuce cups with pickled ginger and sesame seeds.