Edamame, aka soybeans, is packed with protein and fiber. You can find them in the frozen section of almost every grocery store and the shelled edamame is usually packaged in a 12 ounce bag. The ginger root makes this dish, but feel free to use ginger powder if you don’t have it (the same goes for the fresh garlic). Enjoy this easy, delicious salad as a stand-alone or side dish.
Learn the nutritional benefits of edamame.
Bowl + whisk or lidded glass jar
- INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
- 12 ounces shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1-½ cup small diced cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, small diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- INGREDIENTS FOR VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 Tbsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil such as avocado, olive and/or canola
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp real maple syrup
- ½-1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp minced ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced (about 1 tsp)
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl or glass jar. Whisk or shake together until combined.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss everything together. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.