Sometimes it’s fun to make a meal from an array of light bites, and these flavorful chicken skewers are always a fun addition. Dark chicken meat has more iron and flavor than the white and takes to the herbaceous marinade quite well. Do not marinate the chicken for more than 2 hours as it will dry out. Serve these skewers with a creamy, garlicky Tzatziki sauce.
Learn how to marinate chicken.
Level Ups (optional)
Use 8 inch skewers and thread chunks of zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers and/or red onions between the pieces of chicken. For a smokier flavor, grill the skewers.
You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs.
Dip these skewers in our Minted Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce. Click here for the recipe.
Baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone baking sheet
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into roughly 1 inch by 4 inch strips. If some pieces are smaller, they can be stacked onto the skewers.
- 16 each 4 inch skewers
- VEBA’s tzatziki sauce (see notes for recipe)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, black pepper, Italian herb mix and oregano leaves. Add the chicken and marinade it for 45 minutes and up to 2 hours. Soak the skewers in water to prevent them from burning.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thread the chicken onto one half of the skewers, leaving the other half available for holding.
- Lay the skewers onto a lined baking sheet. Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked to 165°F.
- Remove the chicken skewers from the oven. Arrange onto a serving plate and serve with VEBA’s tzatziki sauce.