Fall is a time for change. It’s a natural transition between the hot summer weather and cooler winter weather. In this time of flux, especially with less sunlight, energy levels begin to lull. In an effort to support our body’s natural processes, it’s very helpful to undergo a gentle body cleanse.
VEBA Resource Center’s Holistic Practitioner, Dr. V, offers 5 tips on how you can detox your body gently and effectively during the changing of the seasons.
- Eliminate Processed Foods. One of the easiest ways to detox your body is to eliminate sugar and processed and canned foods. Focus on eating whole foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, homemade soups and whole grains.
- Drink 8-10 Glasses of Water. Drink plenty of water — about 8-10 glasses — per day. Fall is typically a dryer season and drinking water helps to reverse the effects of the seasonal weather. It promotes healthy digestion, hydrates internal organs and maintains the balance of body fluids.
- Enjoy Warm Teas. Drink warm teas like dandelion or milk thistle tea to cleanse your liver and promote a healthy gallbladder. Both have been used for centuries as puratives for the body.
- Read an Uplifting Book. Fill your head and heart with positive messages. Read an uplifting book that focuses on self-improvement, motivation or inspiration to keep your mindset positive.
- Practice Gentle Movement. Incorporate yoga, light stretching and walking to prevent constipation and have healthy bowel movements. This helps to detoxify and cleanse the body.
Try these tips for 10 days to detoxify your body this fall. For more detox tips from Dr. V, read her blog post “10 Detox Tips to Improve Your Health & Immune System”.
Related Video: “Detoxing Your Mind”