With the help of store-bought rotisserie chicken, these tacos are a quick fix to make. Loaded with crunchy carrots, tangy lime and fiber-rich black beans, these tacos are certain to become a dinner staple.
To the carrot mixture, add in thinly sliced radishes, diced jalapenos and/or thinly sliced red onion.
Try our VEBA Taco Seasoning Mix in this recipe!
Medium saute pan or sauce pot
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 ¾ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 Tbsp VEBA taco seasoning mix (see Notes for recipe)
- 8 corn tortillas, heated or 8 hard taco shells
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup guacamole or diced avocado
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce of your choice, to drizzle (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss together the carrot, purple cabbage, romaine, cilantro and green onion. Lightly toss with the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, combine the water, chicken, black beans and taco seasoning. Heat until warm.
- Build each taco by dividing the chicken mixture evenly over the tortillas or taco shells. Top each with Cotija cheese, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and Greek yogurt. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired.