Make your own vinaigrette in 5 minutes or less. A basic vinaigrette is made up of a ratio of 3 parts oil to 1-2 parts acid—think olive oil and apple cider vinegar or avocado oil and lemon juice. You can flavor it with salt, pepper, herbs, mustard, garlic and/or shallots. A tiny bit of sweetness from maple syrup or brown sugar balances the acid. Make, shake and store this in a glass jar so that dirty dishes are kept to a minimum.
Substitute lemon juice or any vinegar for apple cider vinegar.
Level Ups (Optional)
Add chopped herbs, citrus zest, mashed roasted garlic, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast and/or dried Italian seasoning.
16 ounce glass jar with fitted lid
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground or cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated or minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 1 tsp real maple syrup or ½ tsp brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients into the glass jar and tightly screw on the lid. Shake for 10 seconds. Adjust the salt, pepper and sweetness to taste.