Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 170 cal
- Fat: 7.5g (2g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 25g
- INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN BREAST:
- 4 each 4-6 ounce boneless Chicken Breasts, skin on or off; wing bone on or off
- 1 tsp. Oil
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 3 Tbsp. Jerk Seasoning (store bought or make your own)
- INGREDIENTS FOR JERK SEASONING:
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a medium oven-proof saute pan on your stovetop to medium-high.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tsp. of oil to the pan if you are not using a non-stick pan.
- Place breasts "round" or "presentation side" or "skin side" down.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. They will become lightly browned.
- Turn chicken breasts over. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. of rub. Turn off the burner and place the pan with chicken into the oven.
- Cook the chicken breast for 2 1/2 minutes per ounce of chicken. For example, an 8-ounce chicken breast will cook for 20 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing the chicken.