Serves 8 Tacos
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 185 Cal
- Fat: 4.3g (1g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Protein: 15g
- 1 Tbsp. Cooking Oil (Avocado or Olive Oil works the best)
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken Thighs, cut into 1/2 strips
- 1/2 each medium White or Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2-3 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Dry White Wine or Tequila
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Green Chile Salsa or Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Large Sweet Potato; microwaved for 5 minutes or baked for 45 minutes, cooled, peeled, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 Cup chopped Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 1 Cup of Spinach Leaves
- 8 Large Bib Lettuce Leaves, 8 Jicama Wraps or 8 Small Corn Tortillas
- Gather and measure all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pot fitted with a lid, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat or until the oil starts to shimmer.
- Add the chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes or until three-quarters of the way done. Add the onion and saute until soft (about 3 minutes). Add 2-3 Tbsp. of water to soften and steam the onions.
- Add the garlic and sea salt and cook for another 30 seconds.
- "Stop" the cooking process by deglazing with the white wine or tequila. Cook for 30 seconds and then turn setting to low.
- Add green salsa, cumin, oregano, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add in the diced sweet potatoes.
- Cover the pot and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the cilantro, green onions, and spinach leaves.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, and spoon the chicken mixture into each lettuce wrap.
- INSTANT POT OPTION:
- With the exception of the spinach, cilantro, and green onion, combine all the ingredients in an instant pot and stir.
- Set instant pot function to pressure cook for 12 minutes and secure the lid.
- After the cooking time is up, release the steam valve until the float switch has retreated and stir into the chicken mixture the spinach, cilantro, and green onion.