Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 16.2g (Saturated Fat: 3.7g)
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 450mg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced small (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- ½ tsp ground chipotle powder (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Water to soften and stop the cooking process
- Two 6” corn tortillas, finely diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash, diced small
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- One 14 ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- One 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2-4 radishes, sliced into thin moons
- 2 ounces queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled (leave out if dairy free)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, sliced into small wedges
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook another 30 seconds, being careful not to burn the spices. Add a little water, about ¼ cup, to stop the cooking process.
- Add the diced tortillas, zucchini and poblano pepper and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, beans and quinoa.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the spinach leaves. Divide into bowls and garnish with avocado, radish, cheese, cilantro and lime.