Whipping up this creamy dessert is a breeze — no ice cream maker needed! Unique and decadent with the perfect hint of spice, it’s everything you want in an ice cream, plus more! Sweet potato adds fiber and Vitamin A for a healthy gut and healthy eyes.
Learn how to make ice cream at home without an ice cream blender!
Level Ups (optional)
Add other spices like cloves or fresh grated nutmeg. Top with toasted nuts or coconut flakes.
Yams can be substituted for the sweet potatoes.
Food processor or high-power blender
9×9 inch baking dish
Sealable freezer safe food-storage container
- 1 large sweet potato
- One 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave, oven or steaming basket on the stove. Let cool completely, and remove the skin (save this for a snack!).
- Put the sweet potato and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process for 30-60 second until super smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Scrape the mixture out of the pan back into the food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a sealable freezer-safe food storage container and let set for 1-2 hours in the freezer.
- Let the ice cream sit out for five minutes before scooping and serving.