This is a simple smoothie loaded with fiber and phytonutrients. The addition of frozen cauliflower adds a sneaky serving of vegetables. Adding nut butter or a handful of cashews adds fiber, protein and creaminess. Our favorite is a combination of frozen strawberries, raspberries and cherries because the acid in the fruit balances the sweetness but feel free to use any berry you like.
Learn how to use vegetables in smoothies.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries and cherries)
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower
- ¾ cup water or milk
- 1 pitted date OR 1 Tbsp of real maple syrup OR ½ of a ripe banana OR 6-12 liquid stevia drops or to taste
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (almond, peanut or cashew)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and purée until smooth. Thin to desired consistency with additional liquid.