Resources for Education Employees
This page was last updated on July 20, 2021:
California Schools VEBA is committed to the health and safety of our community and we are dedicated to providing you with useful, up-to-date information pertaining to vaccine sites, news, and community resources. The COVID-19 vaccine is now available to all Californians age 12 or over. The State of California has officially reopened, which means most COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Thank you to the San Diego Education employees who received their COVID-19 vaccinations through VEBA Vaccinates! The program is now closed.
COVID-19 Related Resources
2021 Update on COVID-19 with Dr. Shane Crotty
July 29, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Confused about where we are with COVID-19? Come learn the latest on booster shots, variants and status of herd immunity.
Join VEBA for a live webinar with special guest Shane Crotty, Ph.D., from the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Dr. Crotty will lead us through an update and take your live questions. Dr. Crotty is a professor at the Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research. COVID-19 research done at his lab has informed vaccine efforts worldwide.
Fine is Not a Feeling: Back to School in a Post-COVID World
September 1, 2021 at 4:00 pm
How are you? Maybe you are not actually fine. Join Mental Behavioral Health Director, Carletta Vicain, to explore how tapping into our emotions can help navigate the transition back to school.
Carletta Vicain, is a License Marriage and Family Therapist and graduate of USD. For the past 20 years she has provided social science and mental health based services to the U.S. military and non profit communities.
Vaccine Updates and Living in the “Post COVID-19 World”
Still have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? Or wondering what to expect in a post COVID-19 environment? Dr. Shane Crotty from the La Jolla Institute for Immunology provided an update on where we are with the vaccine. He explained the benefits of getting vaccinated, what to do after being vaccinated, variants and booster shots.
Dr. Crotty is a professor at the Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research. COVID-19 research done at his lab has informed vaccine efforts worldwide.
State of California
COVID-19 Information Hotline
M–F 8 am–8 pm | Sa–Su 8 am–5 pm
This hotline is available in several languages and is a live answer service.
Where to Get Vaccinated
- State of California Overview of Vaccination Progress Data
- KBPS Live Blog: This is a breaking news blog for all of the latest updates about the coronavirus pandemic
- Jul 19, 2021 – L.A. County Coronavirus Spike Hits Alarming Levels, With 10,000 Infected in a Week, as Delta Variant Spreads
- Jul 17, 2021 – With the Delta Variant Spreading Fast, Is It Time To Mask Up Again?
- Jul 14, 2021 – San Diego COVID-19 Cases Are Rising; Survey, Research Looks Into Why People Are Still Not Getting Vaccinated
- Jul 14, 2021 – San Diego County COVID-19 Update – 7-14-2021
- Jul 6, 2021 – Delta Is Now the Dominant Coronavirus Variant in the U.S.
- Jun 30, 2021 – San Diego County COVID-19 Update – 6-30-2021
- Jun 29, 2021 – LA Changed Masking Guidance Due to the Delta Variant. Will San Diego?
Get More Vaccine News from These Local Organizations
- San Diego County News Center
- NBC San Diego
- 10News San Diego
- San Diego Union Tribune
- KTLA Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Times
- Voice of OC
- Desert Sun
- Channel 3 News Riverside County
Southern California Public Health Sites
- San Diego County
- Orange County
- Los Angeles County
- Imperial County
- Riverside County
- San Bernardino County
Guidelines and Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine Guidelines:
- San Diego County Vaccine Guidelines
- Infographic: San Diego “Be COVID Safe: Know Your Vaccination Phase”
- California Vaccine Guidelines
- Federal Vaccine Guidelines
California COVID-19 Resources:
- Official website for California Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- California Vaccine FAQs
- Free Transit to Vaccination
California Schools VEBA Resources: