Top thinly sliced sweet potatoes with spiced beans, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapeno, cilantro, green onion, salsa, avocado and Greek yogurt for a delicious meal or appetizer.
Learn how to substitute fiber-rich sweet potatoes for chips.
Make your own taco seasoning with our recipe!
Rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or foil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced into circles (about ¼ inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup cooked black beans or 1 each 15 ounces can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 Tbsp VEBA taco seasoning spice mix (see Notes)
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 cup diced or halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or spinach leaves
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- ½ cup full fat Greek Yogurt or ½ cup VEBA’s Avocado Crema
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes slices with olive oil and salt and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F.
- Toss with the black beans with the taco seasoning and distribute over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle on the cheese. Return to the oven and cook another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Top with the sliced green onions and any of the optional toppings.