Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 249 Cal
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 4g
- INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATED "TOMATO SAUCE":
- 1 Pint Sweet Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half (or 2 Cups Diced Heirloom Tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 6 Basil Leaves, cut “chiffonade” (or thinly cut ribbons)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- INGREDIENTS FOR ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
- 4-6 each Small Zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (the higher the quality the better)
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 tbsp. Pinenuts, toasted (at 325 degrees for 5 minutes)
- Additional Basil, cut “chiffonade” (or thinly cut ribbons), for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the pinenuts for marinated tomatoes and let sit for at least 15 minutes. The tomatoes can be marinated up to a day.
- With a wide mouth peeler, cut long strips off zucchini until you hit the seed pocket area. Rotate a quarter turn and continue to peel off “noodles”.
- Combine zucchini noodles with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Mound zucchini noodles on a plate. Top with marinated tomatoes.
- Top with basil, toasted pinenuts, and freshly ground pepper.