10 Minutes + 1 Hour Rest
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 8.9g (Saturated Fat: 5.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Sodium: 209mg
- This crust can be used for a Spring Vegetable Galette. Click here for the recipe.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Up to ½ cup ice cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse flour and salt. Add cubed butter.
- Pulse a few times until pea-sized pieces form.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and then 1 Tbsp of water at a time, stopping when you fill up your spoon with water.
- Pulse and continue to add water until a ball just starts to form with the dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the ball of dough in half.
- Shape the dough into two discs. Wrap each one in plastic or place in a container and let the dough rest for at least one hour. These can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator to 1 week.
- Continue with your pie recipe as instructed.
- You'll get a top and a bottom crust. You can freeze one if your recipe only calls for a bottom crust.