This salad is super easy to make. Start by making the light vinaigrette into the same bowl in which you will be tossing the salad (less dishes, yay!). Add in the beans, red pepper, rosemary, spinach and green onions and you have a delicious side salad or main dish.
Learn how to make a white bean salad in 5 minutes.
Level Ups (optional)
Add a handful of nuts or seeds at the end for more fiber, fat and protein. Add a little bit of lemon zest to enhance the flavor.
Substitute garbanzo beans for the white beans.
Spatula for mixing
Chef’s knife or equivalent
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced or grated
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- One 15 ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained (about 1 ¾ cup)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, diced into small pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, black pepper and salt. Add the white beans, rosemary, red onions, red pepper, green onions and baby spinach leaves and lightly combine. Divide onto serving plates. If you do not want to eat immediately, store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.