Cool off with this “5 ingredients or less” watermelon salad. The brightness of the lime combined with the flavorful mint adds a wonderful taste to this simple salad.
Learn how to safely cut watermelon and how to add flavor with citrus zest.
Level Ups (optional)
Add in 1 cup berries, 1 diced cucumber and/or ¼ cup pumpkin seeds. You can add more color by combining pink and yellow watermelon cubes. Optional to add a pinch of cayenne pepper if not using the jalapeno for a little kick.
If crunched for time, substitute pre-cut watermelon. Cantaloupe, honeydew, musk melon or any other melon can be substituted for the watermelon.
- 6 cups seedless watermelon cubes (about a 3 ½ lb seedless watermelon)
- Zest of ½ lime
- ¼ cup lime juice (the juice of 1-2 limes)
- ½ cup mint leaves, cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ jalapeno, minced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.