Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 1.7g)
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 267mg
- 1 large sweet potato or yam (or 2 small), peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla plant-based milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil (canola oil can be used)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place the sweet potato or yam cubes in a medium sized pot, cover with hot water, bring to a boil, and cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly, transfer to a bowl, and mash until smooth.
- In the same bowl as the sweet potato, add the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk until ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle or pan over low heat.
- While the griddle is heating, pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato mixture and whisk for about 1-2 minutes. The more air you can whisk into the batter, the fluffier the pancakes will be.