Enjoy this fiber-rich spaghetti squash in place of pasta! This recipe is quick and easy, using store-bought marinara sauce that you can level up by adding spinach.
Learn how to cook spaghetti squash.
Level Ups (optional)
Add fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
Rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or foil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- One 24 ounce jar marinara sauce without added sugars
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and salt and place the halves flesh side down on the lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven and cook for 40 minutes. Remove the squash from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- While the squash is cooling, heat the prepared sauce in a saucepan until hot. Turn off the heat and fold in 2 cups of spinach.
- Scoop the flesh of the squash out of the shells and place onto serving plates. Top with the marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese and basil. Serve immediately.