Need an easy weekday meal or meal that you can prepare ahead of time? Look no further! Add rice, beans and corn to shredded and spiced rotisserie chicken to make a flavorful, fiber-forward meal that is a breeze to prepare.
Learn how to meal prep rice bowls in the microwave.
Substitute tempeh or tofu for the chicken.
Add chopped jalapeno, Cotija cheese, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, pumpkin seeds, extra salsa and/or chopped red onion.
Serving bowls or containers
- 8 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken, or about ½ of the meat of a rotisserie chicken
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (low sodium is best)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (or about 1- ¾ cups)
- 1 cup fire roasted frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- In a small bowl, toss together the chicken and taco seasoning.
- Divide the rice, black beans and corn between 4 bowls. Add chicken to each bowl. Heat the contents of each bowl in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Continue to heat in 20 second increments until the contents of each bowl is heated.
- Remove each bowl from the microwave and top with lettuce, cilantro, green onion, avocado and salsa. Squeeze the lime wedges over each bowl.