For breakfast, some prefer savory to sweet. A piece of toast topped with ripe avocado, flavored with a little lemon and topped with sprouts is both a light and nutritious meal option.
Learn how to use a healthy fat with fiber as a toast spread.
Level Ups (optional)
Load up this toast with a fried egg, thinly sliced radishes, or tomatoes. Sprinkle on some seeds, herbs and/or spices such as “Everything but the Bagel Seasoning”, sunflower seeds, smoked paprika, thinly sliced basil leaves and more.
Toaster Cutting board Chef’s knife Spoon for scooping out the avocado Microplane or zester (optional)
- 1 piece of sourdough or whole grain bread
- ½ of a medium Hass avocado, pit removed and scored into ¼ inch strips
- A pinch each of salt and pepper
- Zest of ¼ lemon (about ¼ tsp)
- ¼ cup sprouts or spinach leaves
- While the bread is toasting, score the avocado. When the bread is toasted, scoop the avocado onto the bread. Spread it across the entire slice. Top with salt, pepper, lemon zest and sprouts.