Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 535 Cal
- Fat: 18g (3g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 37g
- INGREDIENTS FOR KUNG PAO FINISHING SAUCE:
- 2 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. 5 Spice Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses
- INGREDIENTS FOR KUNG PAO CHICKEN AND COOKING LIQUID:
- 1 Tbsp. Cooking Oil (we used Avocado)
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 20 ounce Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, chopped into large pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup dried, whole Szechuan Chilies
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into halfmoons about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPINGS:
- 2 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Large Sauté Pan or Wok
- In a small bowl, mix together the tapioca flour, water, 5 spice powder, fish sauce, and molasses. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil over high heat.
- Brown the chicken pieces.
- Add the ginger and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Stop the cooking process by add 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar, tamari, and maple syrup.
- Add the chilis and zucchini and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the finishing sauce and let it cook for about 2 minutes; or until slightly thickened. Add in the sesame oil.
- Remove from heat. Serve over cooked riced and top with peanuts and green onions.