Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 19.4g (Saturated Fat: 2.3g)
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Sodium: 199mg
- 5 ounces chopped kale (about 6 cups packed)
- 4 cups chopped spring mix or other greens
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup English or Persian cucumber, with skin, diced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup freshly chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 large limes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Note: Any of the veggies listed above can be substituted for veggies you have on hand that need to be used up, or add more veggies, seeds/nuts, or avocado to customize.
- Zest two of the limes into an extra-large bowl. Add the juice from all 4 of the limes, along with the olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Toss the kale into this dressing until well coated, massaging with clean hands. Let marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes, or up to overnight, while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In another large bowl toss the rest of the ingredients together.
- One the kale has marinated, add the quinoa, veggie and herb mixture to the bowl with the kale and toss until everything is evenly combined and well coated with the dressing.
- This salad can be stored for a day in the fridge. Or, keep the kale and the veggie quinoa mixture separate for up to 3 days in the fridge and combine individual portions as needed.