5 Minutes + Soaking Time
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 151 Cal
- Fat: 10.9g (1.5g Saturated Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 5.5g
- 1 1/3 Cups Unsalted Cashews (raw is best)
- 3 Garlic cloves or 1 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard*
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar*
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (more to taste)
- 3/4-1 Cup Unsweetened, Non-Dairy Milk such as Oat or Almond Milk (divided)
- (*you can substitute 1 tsp prepared stone ground or Dijon mustard in place of the cider vinegar and dry mustard)
- Soak the cashew in water overnight or place it into a pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and then turn off and let the cashew sit for 30 minutes. Drain the cashews.
- In a high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients including 1/2 cup of the milk; Puree until smooth and adjust the consistency with the remaining milk.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator. If reheating, you might have to add 1-2 Tbsp. of water or milk.