Packed with nutrition and flavor, this quinoa breakfast cereal will give you a boost to start your day. Chia seeds provide antioxidants, fiber, Omega-3, protein and also lend a fun texture to this breakfast cereal that is reminiscent of tapioca. Quinoa, a complete protein, gives this cereal another fiber boost that will help you stay full all morning, while supporting gut health. The dried fruit and nut toppings add great texture and flavor, but make sure to add these toppings right before eating to avoid them becoming soggy. Enjoy this creamy breakfast dish cold or quickly heat it in the microwave.
Learn how to meal prep breakfast for a nutritious, ready-to-go meal on busy mornings, and kids will love it too! This recipe makes a large batch that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge throughout the week.
Level Ups (optional)
Add a variety of nuts, fruit and seeds or top with fresh fruit for extra fiber, vitamins, and color.
Any type of milk or plant based milk can be used in this recipe and the maple syrup can be substituted with honey. Flax seeds or flax seed meal could also replace the chia.
Glass storage jars or containers
- 2 cups dried quinoa
- 4 cups vanilla-coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries or cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, whisk the quinoa, coconut milk, coconut, maple syrup, chia seeds and vanilla extract together.
- Cover and bring to a low boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the almond milk has been absorbed.
- Serve with the dried berries and nuts over the top.