Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 96
- Fat: 1.8g (Saturated Fat: 0.3g)
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Pair this rice with Masoor Dal. Click here for the recipe.
- 1 cup brown rice (for extra flavor, use basmati rice)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In an oven-proof pot over medium-high heat, heat oil for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir to coat for about 15-20 seconds.
- Add water or vegetable stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot.
- Place the pot with the rice into the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked and soft.
- Remove and enjoy hot or cold.